Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Return to Egocentrism


I haven’t been actively pursuing theoretical research on wisdom for some time now, due mostly to other conflicting responsibilities. Even so, understanding wisdom is and will continue to be an endeavor that I hold dear and believe to be of critical importance.
While my current circumstances have made it difficult to devote enough time to studying wisdom with the intensity that the topic deserves, I have continued to itch for a meaningful expressive outlet. So if I don’t have many profound thoughts to share about contemporary wisdom research, what can I write about?
I’ve decided to use this blog to record my ongoing efforts towards personal growth, the challenges that I have been facing, and where applicable, discuss how these admittedly anecdotal thoughts might inform a general understanding of wisdom and flourishing. I feel that I’ve wasted too much time waiting for the inspiration required to produce long, detailed articles on wisdom, and would be better off writing shorter, more frequent snippets about life, and how one might succeed or fail to live better.
Hopefully, this shift from allocentrism to a more egocentric view of wisdom will make for more frequent blog entries, firmly grounded in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment